Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 250 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
Effective immediately the OCA Public Health Department of Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for an:
VOLUNTEER FOR AIDS 2018 CONFERENCE (4 months)
The position will be based in Amsterdam in the Public Health Department and will report to the HIV Advisor based in Amsterdam.
This is a part-time position 10 hours/week from April 20th until August 1st
- Monitor and use a dedicated email address
- Create a mailing list and send relevant information to all MSF participants
- Collect information about all MSF participants (name, position, contact info)Assemble the abstracts
- List MSF scientific presentations: organize who presents what, where and how (see MSF brochure @ AIDS2016)
- Presence at MSF events prior and during the conference (includes evenings)
- Invite MSF participants to MSF related social, scientific or other relevant events
- Prepare material for the exhibition space (with graphics and communication): T-shirts, Posters, Postcards, Reports, USB sticks
- During the conference: Be the focal point for visitors needing help (via email or in person)
- Any other task that may be deemed necessary for the smooth running of the conference
- BSc or MSc student
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Writing skills
- Organizational capacity
- Autonomy in the work
- Flexibility, adaptability
- Experience in organizing events is an asset
- Interest in advocacy and / or HIV is an asset
- A challenging and exciting experience in an international environment
- A part-time contract as a volunteer for 4 months
- Registration and participation at the AIDS 2018 Conference
- Travel expenses
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Koert Ritmeijer, NTD/Lab/Research technical support Coordinator on tel. +31 (0)20 520 8514.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is April 15th 2018.