Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organizations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 250 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
Our Logistics department offers a suite of technical and supply chain services including end-to-end supply chain management, medical facility management and maintenance support to all medical equipment, as well as expert advice on construction, transport, energy and other technical domains. Some 800 logisticians who work in our field projects receive logistical support from our support teams, based in offices in Amsterdam and Berlin.
Our Logistics department is looking for a
Quality and Information Management Advisor, 100% position
Based in Amsterdam, starting ASAP
The position reports to the Coordinator of Technical Logistics / Back Office.
Based in Amsterdam, starting ASAP
One of the strategies for the logistics department to improve logistics capacities in the field is to simplify and improve usability of developed products. Through process redesign and automation, we aim to reduce the administrative burden of field staff for day-to-day logistics activities, and increase the quality of logistics support. The quality and information management advisor plays a critical role in implementing this strategy.
- Assist the management of the department in release management of new developed products (policies, procedures, guidance, services and tools), including communication and identification of needed training development/update
- Assist the technical experts in the development of effective products (policies, SOP’s, tools, guidelines, etc)
- Develop departmental work processes assuring continuous improvement of the usability and effectiveness of developed products;
- Develops and maintains a network of partners (service designers, industrial designers, editors, graphic designers)
- Manages monitors and improves the information channels needed and used to transmit information and knowledge to the logistic staff in the field
- Ensure adequate communication about products of interest of the Logistic Field staff
- Challenge the segregation of the information to avoid functional / departmental silos
- Lead the continuous improvement cycle of the Logistic Reporting System and ensures that the end users have a good understanding on its use.
HR and LD
- Act the main interlocutor and first point of contact for the LD and HR departments concerning technical logistics staff
- Promotes and Organizes the creation of knowledge transfer material and events for the FSU (e.g. video tutorials, webinars)
GIS focal point
- Ensure the link between the operations and the internal GIS service providers
- Leads improvement projects that are related to his/her position
- A result-driven, service-minded, dynamic and supportive advisor with a ‘can-do’ attitude and excellent problem-solving skills;
- Capable of conceptual and analytical thinking and translating concepts into practice;
- Proven expertise in end-user focused service design;
- A good understanding of the specific challenges MSF faces
- Ability to travel abroad to other MSF offices and our field missions.
- A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
- At least 3 years’ experience in end user focused product or service design;
- Knowledge of and experience with the development of quality management processes (e.g. lean management);
- MSF-experience, or work experience in the NGO-sector, is considered an advantage;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent command of the English language with active knowledge of French being an asset.
- The successful candidate is passionate about the work we do.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for one year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week).
- A gross monthly salary between € 2737 and € 3909 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Francis Coteur, Coordinator Technical Logistics via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button.
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 16/7/2018