Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
As LD officer you will provide continuity in focal point for internal and external requests for information, you will coordinate and organize the scheduling and organization of the complete training offer. Furthermore you will provide administrative and organizational support to course participants, trainers and the flexible workforce.
With the ultimate goal to provide quality care to our beneficiaries, the Learning Development (LD) Department seeks to offer quality, effective and efficient support by analyzing and responding to real learning and development needs of all OCA staff. The LD Department is looking for a LD Officer based in Amsterdam HQ.
Learning Development Officer (80 or 100%)
Based in Amsterdam (9 months)
You will report to the LD Head of Department and work closely with the other LD Officers as well as with trainers/facilitators, advisors, pool managers, recruiters, support departments at HQ and training units of other MSF sections.
- Responsible for all first contact and (administrative) follow up with learners;
- Ensures the application, selection and enrolment process is carried out timely and efficiently;
- Coordinates and organizes the scheduling and facilitation of the complete training offer (planned and on-demand);
- Carries out all (administrative) processes regarding the flexible workforce;
- In liaison with the Head of Department (HoD), establishes the overall budget, tracks and reports on expenses;
- Gives administrative and organizational support to the HoD, advisors, trainers and facilitators;
- Liaises with training units of other MSF sections to align procedures, policies and planning.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in a similar position;
- Strong communication skills, excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Personal characteristics that include resilience, flexibility, patience, the ability to prioritize and a sense of humor;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- A driver’s license;
- Current or previous MSF experience is preferable.
80% of 100%
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for 9 months based on a fulltime or part-time appointment (32 or 40 hours/week)
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,341 and € 3,343 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment
- Other benefits include 22½ holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Mr Dax Groot, LD officer on tel. +31 (0)20 520 8701.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 8 December 2017.
The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.