MSF intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) is an Association of (former) field and office employees, with a Board keeping oversight. MSF-Holland has a partnership with MSF offices in the UK, India and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 24 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,400 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
With the ultimate goal to provide quality care to our beneficiaries, the Learning Development (LD) Department seeks to offer quality, effective and efficient support by analyzing and responding to real learning and development needs of all OCA staff.
The LD Department is looking for an enthusiastic new colleague per 1 January 2019:
Learning Development Officer (80%)
- Based in Amsterdam –
- Based in Amsterdam –
Place in the Organization
You will report to the LD Head of Department and work closely with the other LD Officers as well as with trainers/facilitators, advisors, pool managers, recruiters, support departments at HQ and training units of other MSF sections.
Objective of the Position
As LD officer, you will provide continuity as focal point for internal and external requests for information; you will coordinate and organize the scheduling and organization of the complete training offer. Furthermore, you will provide administrative and organizational support to course participants, trainers and the flexible workforce.
- Responsible for all first contact and (administrative) follow up with learners;
- Ensures the application, selection and enrolment process is carried out timely and efficiently;
- Coordinates and organizes the scheduling and facilitation of the complete training offer (planned and on-demand);
- Carries out all (administrative) processes regarding the flexible workforce;
- In liaison with the Head of Department (HoD), establishes the overall budget, tracks and reports on expenses;
- Gives administrative and organizational support to the HoD, advisors, trainers and facilitators;
- Liaises with training units of other MSF sections to align procedures, policies and planning.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in a similar position;
- Strong communication skills, excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Personal characteristics that include resilience, flexibility, patience, the ability to prioritize and a sense of humour;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- A driver’s license;
- Current or previous MSF experience is preferable.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A contract for one year with renewal option, based on a part-time appointment for 32 hours per week;
- A gross monthly salary in scale 5 between € 2,365 and € 3,377 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours per week);
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension plan.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Dax Groot, LD officer on tel. +31 (0)20 520 8701.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English.
Deadline for application is: 9 December 2018.
The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.
*** Acquisitions regarding this position are not appreciated ***