Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organizations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 350 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Human Resources Management (HRM) department in MSF-Holland consists of approximately 70 people working in the units HR4U, Office HR, HR Excellence, Recruitment and career management, Pool Management, Psychosocial Care and Specialists Field Support.
With immediate effect our HRM department is looking for a,
Labour Affairs Specialist Field (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
As the new Labour Affairs Specialist, you will report to the Coordinator HR4U. You will be part of the HR4U in the HRM department. The Labour Affairs Specialist Field is responsible for a smooth on- and off-boarding of international field workers on contract with MSF-Holland. Furthermore, appropriate and prompt operational follow up on any HR affairs during employment for both MSF-Holland and other MSF section contracted international field workers; the latter in collaboration with the contracting section involved.
- Answers Dutch Labour Law related enquires from Field staff and other contracting sections providing support, giving accurate advice and clarity to employees, managers and HR colleagues on contractual issues;
- Monitors and solves specific cases relating to contractual issues on Dutch Labour law;
- Responsible for (re)hiring and leaving process of field workers. This duty includes operational tasks such as pay determination (also known as ‘scaling’), sending contract orders (PIFs) to HR Administrators and preparing contract terminations;
- Supports part of the employee on-boarding which involves activities to get the field worker timely ready for departure;
- Conducts all briefings and de-briefings for Field staff;
- Prepares, checks and creates all Field contracts and letters;
- Collaborates with HR Excellence on potential updates to policies on the General Labour Conditions;
- Supports and gives advice to field workers on the standard terms and conditions of employment. This duty includes the briefing of new entries in the organization;
- Supports the Coordinator HR4U in collaborating with international working groups for contractual issues working closely with the other OCs for matters which affect OCA;
- Constantly seeks for ‘Operational Excellence’; improvements in systems, processes and or procedures to make them more effective and or efficient and always with a customer focus;
- The new Labour Affairs Specialist communicates: With employees (possibly in consultation with other MSF section) on pending HRM issues to inform and answer questions;With direct colleagues in HR Services on contract or salary issues; With employees on compensation benefits (IRP2) to inform them and answer questions.
- Ability to organise own work
- Teamwork oriented
- Customer orientated
- Excellent communication
- Stress resistant
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- A contract for 12 months with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week).
- A gross monthly salary scale 5 between € 2,429 and € 3,469 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan.
Information and Application
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Yvonne Prijs, Interim Deputy of HoHR via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 19 July 2019.