Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
To support and sustain the organization growth a major investment focus has been decided on the IT department in order to transform and optimize the current Infrastructure and Business Application landscape and increase the value creation for our humanitarian medical operations in the field.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
We are looking for an
ICT Field Advisor (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
Within this position, you will give IT advice and support to our team of ICT Officers in various different locations where MSF has presence. This advice may also include colleagues in various departments on recommendations, and to Project Managers on field specific issues. You will work within the IT department as part of a team of Field ICT Advisors that focuses on Field ICT (support and field projects). You will report to the Field ICT Coordinator in the Amsterdam ICT department.
Based in Amsterdam
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide second line ICT support to Field Operations;
- Support and oversee (from HQ) our ICT officers work in their local field locations through functional management;
- Promote and maintain a vision on field ICT services;
- Contribute to the development of our IT field knowledge base and improving best practices;
- Improve, implement and maintain process and procedures that enable increased efficiency in the field;
- Monitor IT services and IT infrastructure in the field and initiate improvements ;
- Initiate / performresearch and analyses of IT developments;
- Propose and give advice on intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary activities;
- Initiate change and maintain an integral and coherent policy of field ICT while developing guidelines, protocols etc. to support it;
- Assist in the hiring process for Field ICT officers;
- Facilitate the ICT training of field ICT officers and logisticians and the development of ICT knowledge transfer material;
- Support ICT projects being rolled out to the field locations in terms of expertise, guidance and co-ordination;
- Be available for field deployment on technical, training and / or emergency assignments, potentially a few weeks at a time
- You have a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field;
- At least 5 -10 years of experience in IT support;
- Experience within MSF or another humanitarian organization this will be considered an asset;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken; French will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in regards dealing with 3rd party vendors, stakeholders, management, giving trainings, updating our support tool, and remote communication;
- You’re an excellent team player;
- Exposure to working in different countries with an understanding and respect for different cultures;
- Ability to work under pressure when necessary;
- An ability to look at the bigger picture in terms of vision and ICT landscape;
- You have knowledge and experience with the following technical areas:
-Identity and Access Management
-Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager and/or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit;
-Virtualization software [Hyper-V];
- Knowledge and experience with power and energy systems are considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with network devices configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting are considered an asset; [certification in Fortinet]
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- Opportunity to experience the dynamics of a globally operating, leading humanitarian healthcare organization
- A fixed term contract for one year with renewal option.
- A gross monthly salary scale 6 between € 2,737 and € 3,909 depending on professional experience (based on 40 hours/week)
- 30 holidays per annum (based on 40 hours/week)
- Premium-free pension
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact:
Juan Nocua, Field ICT Coordinator on tel. +31 (6)220 32 926.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation a copy of your resume in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 16 November 2018
*** Acquisitions regarding this position are not appreciated ***