Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Logistics department plays a key role in ensuring logistic performance for the benefit of the programs conducted in the various project countries. The department consists of the Procurement Unit and the Field Support Unit. The Procurement Unit (22 staff) is responsible for processing the orders from some 26-project countries and delivering a wide assortment of medical and non-medical goods to the projects within the required timeframe. A part of the assortment is strategically held in stock while the rest is procured on an as need basis. Due the size and complexities of the program interventions, the stocked assortment is rapidly expanding.
Our Logistics department is having a vacancy for the following position with a preferred starting date of 1 July 2019.
Administrator Procurement ExFlow(100%)
The objectives of the position are to provide administrative and system support to Exflow end-users in the Amsterdam Procurement unit. Exflow is an invoice automation solution built into Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Responsible for follow-up of supplier invoices in Exflow import flow
- Forwards invoices to end-users with appropriate instructions
- Makes necessary corrections in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to facilitate processing of invoices by end-users
- Supports APUs Logistics Service Provider on system receiving issues and corrections
- Gives first-line system and process support to end-users in the Logistics department on Exflow
- Takes up, where needed, the documentation for administration of and support on Exflow
- Prepares training material and provides training to new Exflow end-users
- Monitors the fit between work processes and Exflow and proposes improvement on processes and / or system in consultation with the Finance department.
We are looking for an enthusiastic flexible person with an MBO/HBO-level education in an administrative or logistical direction. You are conversant with ERP systems (from 1 July 2019 we will work with Microsoft Dynamics 365) and have some affinity with the financial integration or are willing to deepen your knowledge thereof. You have a good understanding of supply chains and a general understanding of financial systems. You have at least two years of relevant work experience, analytical skills, a problem-solving attitude, and can communicate with ease. You are a good team player, but can work independently as well. You set your priorities in consultation with your colleagues, and take a pragmatic approach to your work. You are fluent in English, able to write with ease. Understanding Dutch is an asset. You know how to deal with changing demands that are inherent in the operations of an emergency relief organisation. It goes without saying that accuracy plays a pivotal role in this function.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- A contract for 1 year based on a 100% appointment (40 hours / week)
- A gross salary in scale 5 between € 2,429 and € 3,469 depending on relevant professional work experience for this position, based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours a week)
- A stimulating, professional working environment in an international organization.
- Other benefits includes 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium free pension plan.
Information and Application
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Mrs. Suzanne Stové-Michels, Operational Team Leader on phone 020-5208739.
If you are interested in this position and believe that you fit the profile, please to submit your application via Apply Button . Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combines document.
Deadline for your application is 16 June 2019.
The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.