The Trader is responsible for developing, maintaining and expanding relationships with assigned accounts to meet and exceed annual objectives. The trader will be working closely with domestic and international Product Managers to seize market opportunities. The incumbent will present the company’s full range of products and services to assigned accounts while leading internal support functions to ensure the customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
We are looking for a highly energetic and capable sales professional who thrives in a fast paced global trading environment. In addition to a proven record of sales success, the ideal candidate will also have Trading experience, but if not, will possess the aspiration to develop Trading skills, which would enable him/her to move into a future Product Manager which will include purchasing responsibilities. The Trader will spend the majority of his/her time in the field developing and managing assigned accounts. Position requires at least 25% overnight travel.
- Develop new customers and maintain relations with existing customers
- Meet and exceed defined volume and trading profit objectives at assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute both long-term and near term strategies and programs with assigned accounts.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts.
- Active credit management of your customer portfolio
- Work closely with Product Managers to uncover opportunities based on market dynamics.
- Develop strong relations with overseas offices
- Coordinate the involvement of Logistics, Commercial Assistants and Finance to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations. 2
- Stay well informed about current industry and market trends and be able to converse knowledgably with customers about the trends. Likewise, provide market input to Product Managers.
- Prospect to continually feed the sales funnel.
- continual development of Trading skills; Selling, Buying and keep your market intel up to date.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare and present annual sales plans (reviewed quarterly).
- Coordinate contract negotiations to optimize volume and trading profit.
- Utilizing Pricing Model to develop quotations.
- Support and execute defined company initiatives.
- Assess, clarify and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
Check out this vacancy