Senior Customer Service Representative
For one of our international clients, with offices and plants in more than 60 countries and 155.000 employees around the globe, we are searching for a Senior Customer Service Representative, who speaks and Dutch and English.
This position lies in our client’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where they anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice companies.
Job purpose and impact
The Senior Customer Service Representative is considered a professional in the customer service space. Responsible for executing a full scale of customer service activities. This includes customer service operations, process development, planning & execution, customer & client interaction / business partnership, systems/data management and reporting & analysis. This will also include overseeing all day-to-day customer service activities of the Global Accounts or Chocolate business across the globe. Leads, advises, and makes decisions on all major customer service projects and day to day operations. These activities include customer service operations, process development, planning & execution, customer & client interaction / business partnership, export documents management, systems / data management, reporting & forecasting. In addition, the Global Accounts / Chocolate Customer Service Representative embeds continuous process improvement practices and new processes within the Global Accounts sphere.
- Monitoring order patterns, pro-actively calling customers, anticipating rather than accepting demand.
- Obtaining forecast and providing timely answers to customer inquiries about order status, invoices, contract balances and other information.
- Taking care of all customer administration requests if order related.
- Taking active role in supporting decision making process regarding customer/product allocations in times of shortage and communication to customers on these.
- Follow-up Customer complaints and issues involving invoices or payments
- Coordinating execution of export shipment document requirements (under LC, CAD, etc.), delegating tasks to junior members in the team, where possible.
- Resolution of back log issues within the scope defined for CS.
- Understanding customers’ requirements, needs and expectations, with regards to planning, logistics and other SC-related topics.
- Accurately maintaining of customer database and logistical information (logistics, product, invoicing, service requirements, etc.).
- Forecasting 0 – 3 months; using data to enhance day to day conduct from customers.
- Lead weekly/monthly meetings with peers to maintain continuity of service.
- Processing orders, ATP checks (available-to-promise), amendments and cancellations.
- Provides input and feedback to definition of improvement projects and commitments requiring a substantial understanding of customer service practices and procedures.
- Using substantial knowledge and robust experience, provides guidance and feedback to help team identify areas of improvement and cost management deficiencies to create efficient customer service techniques and tools/systems.
- Uses broad knowledge of customer service practices and procedures to develop and provide input to tactical customer service strategies for a large-size customer base.
- Develops and implements demand planning strategies with short term outlook.
- Develops and implements customer account plans.
- Partners with team members in deciding which tools/systems are appropriate to use for specific customer service environments. May develop and maintain tools/systems.
- Ensures relationships related to tools/systems are kept intact (e.g., accurate customer demand forecast, as well as other databases within the business related to shipments and inventory management items.).
- Regularly reviews and provides informal coaching on ad hoc analysis and reports created by more (junior) members of the team. For example: forecasting customer orders, incidents, service level agreements, etc.
- Coordinates communication with customers regarding order status, sales forecast, invoices, contract balances and other pertinent information needed to complete the sale.
- Supervises and maintains relationships with supply chain planning, plant operations, finance, procurement/strategic sourcing, transportation & logistics and sales departments to fulfill complex orders, resolve any scheduling challenges, and sustain key supply chain model inputs.
- Collaborates with peers in other BUs and/or externally (i.e., customers).
- Contributes to the development of the overall process for customer complaint management.
- Coaches team members on positive interaction with customers, ensuring all customer requirements and expectations are being met.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to evaluate, recommend, and implement common work processes.
Check out this vacancy